The Rule Breakers (Book 2)
Release Date: January 16, 2017
Genres: Adult, Contemporary Romance
Barnes & Noble • iBooks • Kobo
Ten Steps to Surviving a New Job:1. Don’t sleep with the client. It’ll get you fired. (Sounds easy enough.)
2. Don’t blink when new client turns out to be former one-night stand.
3. Don’t call same client a jerk for never texting you back.
4. Don’t believe client when he says he really, really wanted to call.
5. Remember, the client is always right—so you can’t junk punch him when he demands new design after new design.
6. Ignore accelerated heartbeat every time sexy client walks into room.
7. Definitely ignore client’s large hands. They just mean he wears big gloves.
8. Don’t let client’s charm wear you down. Be strong.
9. Whatever you do, don’t fall for the client. You’ll lose more than your job—maybe even your heart.
10. If all else fails, see rule number one again.
The Rule Book (Book 1)
Jennifer Blackwood is a USA Today bestselling author of contemporary romance. She lives in Oregon with her husband, son, and poorly behaved black lab puppy. When not chasing after her toddler, you can find her binging on episodes of Gilmore Girls and Supernatural, and locking herself in her office to write.
So I’m not going to lie… I have had The Rule Book in my library and on my TBR list since it released but I just read it last week. (Insert blushing emoji) I’m not sure why it took me so long to start it but once I got going, I was kicking myself. It was filled with fabulously entertaining characters, an enticing plot and a romance to swoon over – I absolutely loved it.
So I was beyond thrilled to get my hands on the second book in the series, The Rule Maker. I could not wait to read about Lainey’s best friend, Zoey going off the rails all for love. I was hella curious about the man who would make her risk everything she values to get her happily ever after.
Enter Ryder – the ever so sexy and charming professional snowboarder who melts everyone’s panties AND puts a smile on their face. He is AMAZING – total book boyfriend. I freaking loved his quick wit and unrelenting personality.
Anyway, these two have a bit of a past, one which both taunts and tantalizes them. It leaves them raw with want but also very hesitant. Their chemistry heightens your experience as a reader because you know that with the connection they share it’s going to be incredible when they surrender to their lust. It left me feeling giddy while reading, anticipating the moment they surrendered to all that they were feeling.
And once they did, I was completed sucked into their romance and loved every minute I spent with them. I liked their passion and thought their issues were realistic – I found myself feeling empathic toward them. I wanted them to have it all and each other. It was fun reading.
Without a doubt, my recommendation is to not wait to check out The Rules books – they’re both awesome and wickedly entertaining. Grab copies of both books today!!